diary of a daydreamer



Wednesday, November 27, 2002 :::
 
Hello there. I haven't blogged in a while, interesting. But that's ohkae because I wrote notes. Haha. It's funny and true. Here's the skinny: since I've gotten direct tv I've been watching the free Showtime channels that we have for the next three months for free. Ooh, it's so awesome. I watched two movies that I really really liked, Boys and Girls, and Tank Girl. I also watched Dr. T and the Women, but I didn't really like that one. Haha.

Boys and Girls (2000)- cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr., Claire Forlani, and Jason Biggs. This movie is a romantic comedy, and runs in the same genre as She's All That, 10 Things I Hate About You, and other movies aimed at teens. This story is about a boy, Ryan (Prinze), and this girl, Jennifer (Forlani) who meet on an airplane when they're twelve years old. They get along like oil and water. Over the next several years their friendship grows over one common bond: bad relationships. They talk about once a year until their senior year at UC Berkeley when they really become like best friends. Through out this entire movie I wondered where their relationship was going to take them, and wether or not I would ever see the same sites around Berkeley with Michelle as my tour guide. Haha. Out of my 5 star rating system I give this one a 4 because Forlani looks too old to play opposite Prinze's baby face and her English accent keeps popping in and out.

Tank Girl (1995)- cast includes Lori Petty, Ice-T, Naomi Watts, and Malcolm McDowell. Tank Girl is based on a comic book character that kicks some major ass. The movie, however, isn't really up to par with the standards of loyal Tank Girl Comic fans. Since this movie came out so long ago there aren't many websites dedicated to the movie anymore. All I found was websites dedicated to the comic books. But enough about that. The movie was funny and violent. How awesome!! Tank Girl a.k.a. Rebecca (Petty) is a total jerk. Not in a bad way, of course, but she lets her big mouth get the best of her sometimes. There's also Jet Girl (Watts) who fixes up planes and almost anything having to deal with electronics. These two team up after being enslaved and put to work in the same holding facility. They decide to take on "the man," in this case, the President of Water and Power to win back their freedom and the freedom of hundreds of other slaves. This movie also has a surprise group of heros, but I can't say anything because it'll ruin the movie. And I totally recomend you see this. I give it a 4 out of 5 star rating because I couldn't see Watts as Jet Girl, she'll always be Racheal from The Ring to me. ::shudder:: Yeah, I'm a little creeped out.

Dr. T and the Women (2000)- cast includes Richard Gere, Tara Reid, Kate Hudson, Shelly Long, Helen Hunt, Laura Dern, Farrah Fawcett, and the list goes on and on. Even Liv Tyler is in this movie. Based in Dallas, Texas the story focuses on the life of Dr. Sullivan Travis - Dr. T, for short - and his life as a husband, father, and gynecologist. He's the chosen doctor of the social elite and is slowly swallowed up by his own celebrity. The movie is mostly about how much he understands women and how much he tries to help everyone. I don't want to go into detail about this movie because there are so many stories within stories. So I'll just give it 3 out of 5 stars becuase I think Richard Gere needed Julia Roberts in this movie and he really didn't know about all women, the ones closest to him were the most unfamiliar. The best thing about this movie was a quote Dr. T made. Look for it in the right colomn.

Well, I guess that's all for now. There are a bunch of other movies that I need to see. But I'll keep you posted! So, until then, BYEEE!! :D ::smile::

::: posted by j3Nn1! @ 03:20 leave a message @

Comments: Post a Comment






_______________

don't expect anything amazing to happen here ... there's only so much one person can do

If you don't look out for you ... who will??

_______________

"Booya Mama!!" -Pam
"Oh, I thought I was amazing..." -Laura
"Country! Got'cha Crazy!
dee diddly dee dee!"
-Juwanna Man
"HUMPH!" -Tammi
"Bacon makes it okay!"
-Michelle
"Crazay Taxay!" -Marissa
"Pammy DO!! Jenni DID!!" -Pat
"Lekka Shien" -Tasuki
"No Da!" -Chichiri
"DELETED!!" -Strong Bad
"Women are incapable of being bad luck by themselves- men make them that way." -Dr. T
"I haven't had crabs in a
long time."(seafood)-Michelle

"I never thought
I would like him
half as much
as I do now." -Aww
"Back away.
Not today.
Disco lady." -Disco Stu

_______________

[note: some words are links]

:: name :: jenni
:: b-day :: december 18th
:: family :: pam, mom dad
:: e-mail :: jxookie
:: aim :: j3nnisw33tn3ss**
:: feeling :: the current mood of jenni!**
:: nationality :: thai
:: status :: single and happy
:: fave group :: bsb
:: fave food :: aunt's shu mai
:: fave clothing :: gap skirt
:: fav anime :: fushigi yuugi
:: fav manga :: kazan
:: former school ::
0000cerritos high
:: current school ::
0000cerritos college

_______________


I adopted
CHICHIRI!


i don't know where he went!! the site's down ...
i should have just saved the picture myself!!

_______________

DECEMBER@
02 . shopping!
05 . register for classes
06 . pa cop
10 . fo' shizzle st. nizzle
13 . beware!
14 . play w/ spanish club
18 . i'm 19!
00 . final final!
00 . two towers
25 . christmas day

28 . christmas dinner
00 . @ dianne's
29 . luckkana's 17!
31 . new year's eve

_______________

1. for someone to disappear
2. for someone to reappear
3. for someone to be real
4. for someone to tell me

_______________

JenniNoMiko
Pam
Michelle
Orisinal
Colorgenics
Insanity Test
Comics.com**

_______________

_______________



Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com